We love Brussels sprouts here on the farm. We often roast them and add maple drizzle for a mouth-watering meal. This recipe from AllRecipes takes Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts to a whole new level by adding bacon. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better...
1 pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed
2-3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp of pure maple syrup
4 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
Prep: 20 min Bake time: 20 min Ready in: 40 min
1. Pre-cook the bacon in a frying pan until it is about half done. *This ensures that the Brussels sprouts don't get overcooked in the oven while the bacon is crisping.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Pour the bacon, maple syrup, Brussels sprouts, and salt & pepper into a large bowl and stir, thoroughly mixing.
4. Add just enough olive oil to coat (2-3 tbsp, as needed).
5. Place mixture in a single layer in a baking dish or on a baking sheet. *You can line your baking dish/sheet with foil to make cleanup easier.
6. Roast for 20 minutes, until bacon is crispy and Brussels sprouts are caramelized, stirring halfway through.
7. Serve and enjoy!